There’s no doubt that we’ve seen God do incredible things in 2013, the planting of 4 new campuses, the raising of 4 million Rands for missions as well as a life changing 20th anniversary celebration to name a few. Even on an individual basis, so many people declared 2013 a year of ridiculous favour & breakthrough for their families!
As we begin 2014, we know that starting a year on the right foot sets the platform for the year ahead. That’s why Liberty Church set aside time every January to fast & pray as a church. It is the discipline of fasting that releases the anointing, favour and the blessing of God in our lives!
This year, as we fast for 14 days from 13th January to the 26th January, we want to encourage you to give some thought to your fast, and be intentional with why you are fasting.
- Are you trusting God for healing?
- A miracle for yourself, a family member, friend or a work colleague?
- Financial breakthrough?
- Direction for the year ahead?
- A more intimate relationship with Jesus?
- Break an addiction?
Types of fasting:
- Don’t get bogged down in the detail of which fast to do- what’s more important is that it means something to you! Remember, if its doesn’t mean anything to you it wont mean anything to God.
- Combine your fast with reading the Word and prayer!
- Be sensible! Select a fast that is achievable for your current health and body condition!
- 1)Absolute Fast
Drink only liquids (you can establish the number of days).
- 2)The Daniel Fast
Eat fruit or vegetables. Eat no meat products, sweet items or breads. You can drink water or fruit juice.
- 3)3 day Fast
This can be a full fast, Daniel Fast or giving up at least one food item that means something to you!
- 4)Partial Fast
A Partial Fast is from 6:00am to 6:00pm or from sunrise to sunset. You can select from three types of fasting, an Absolute fast, Daniel Fast or giving up a specific food.
For more information on fasting check out: www.jentezenfranklin.org/fasting