What we Believe
We are determined to create a healthy tension of faith and works within the rhythm of every believer’s life. We believe that the most comprehensive catalyst for true spiritual growth is actively serving in the church and from the church in the world! We are thus activistic and practical in applying Biblical truth to everyday life as we pray for “…His Kingdom to come on earth as it is in Heaven.” We believe every follower of Jesus is following the greatest Leader who ever lived and that the fruit of that is each person becoming a great leader in life!
Our desire is that parents would lead at home, children would lead their friends and peers, and that in every arena of life, followers of Jesus would display creative, innovative and Godly initiative to lead!
OUR FOCUS ON THE FAMILY
Everyone’s experience of family is different and diverse, and yet one thing is common to us all… we were born, or adopted, into a family or we instinctively aligned ourselves to a family or group. The thirst for a family of multi-generational people who will love, support, encourage and just ‘be there’ for us is what makes us human and makes us who God created us to be. Irrespective of your view or experience of family, we believe that Jesus, who was raised in a single parent home, a son of a blue collar worker and teenage mom, can do miracles in families… in fact His first miracle was at a family wedding celebration that was just about to go ‘pear’ shaped! Deuteronomy 6 gives us God’s blueprint for foundational family values and we esteem the role of grandparents, dads, moms, teens, children and grandchildren, uncles, aunts and cousins… in building authentic Biblical community within the community of faith, the church, to transform society!
Liberty is a multi-generational church with effective ministry to the entire spectrum of ages represented in our church. We do, however, place an unapologetic and disproportional emphasis on the importance of ministry to youth and children… in fact this is a great joy to many of the ‘senior saints’ at Liberty who pray for their children and grandchildren to be followers of Jesus!
Liberty has always placed value on children and young people in considering them the church of today and the leaders in their own generation. Children’s church functions are a ‘catalyst’ in communicating God’s plan for each child, and a resource for parents to encourage them in their spiritual journey. The children, youth and young adult ministries provide generational specific experiences and serving opportunities.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection
- In His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return in power and glory
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the blood of Christ
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation
- That the Holy Spirit baptises the believer in to the Body of Christ
- In believer’s baptism by total immersion in water, in obedience to the command of Christ
- The redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who seek it
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation
- That the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local expression of a body of believers who are led by recognised, delegated authorities; and who assemble to worship, carry forth the Great Commission, and to minister as the Holy Spirit leads, to fulfil the Righteousness and Justice mandate of scripture
- That the New Testament Church should be apostolic in nature and governed by delegated authorities as expressed in Ephesians 4
- That God’s plan of finance for His work is by tithes and offerings and that it is a joy for His children to acknowledge His Lordship in this manner